This is one of a few core strategies we learned when we were in Boston at the iPad Summit. A lot of fun, and this post provides some excellent examples of why & how.
Inspired by the last #1to1iPadChat , I thought it was time to post on the world craze that is App Smashing. The term App Smash was coined by the great Greg Kulowiec (@gregkulowiec) from EdTech Teacher fame. It is a hot topic in EdTech and obviously has its own Hashtag – #AppSmash.
What is an App Smash?
Content created in one app transferred to and enhanced by a second app and sometimes third. Preferably the final product is then published to the web – remember, digital presence is the new résumé (CV).
Reasons to App Smash:
- It demands creative thinking
- It demands more from the technology (value for money)
- It turns the issue of not having a ‘wonder app’ into a positive
- It removes any restrictions to take a topic as far as it can be taken.
- It often results in more engaging learning products
- It’s a fun challenge for…
View original post 238 more words